Research Paper Proposal APA Format
Have you been assigned a research paper that has to be written in APA format? Are you required to write a research paper proposal in APA format in order to get your topic approved for research? This can be a very tricky challenge because the proposal needs to be in a specific format in order to get approved. Therefore, before you go ahead and get started with your research or evidence collection, you will have to make sure that your research proposal follows a few guidelines. Some of the most important guidelines for the research paper proposal in APA format include:
- Always include an introduction that should be shorter than one third of the proposal.
- State your thesis statement for the paper in a clear and concise manner.
- Include a detailed explanation of your approach to researching and explaining the ideas of the topic that you have chosen.
- Take time to explain just what is so special about your thesis and why it needs to be researched.
These are just a few of the most important elements to writing a research paper proposal in APA format.
If you follow all of the guidelines that are outlined then you will be in a good position to get your paper topic approved by the committee that reviews the research paper topics. You will put all of this information in a neatly organized presentation folder and drop it off at the academic research approval building. The approval process can take anywhere from a couple of days, to over a week. This is why it is important to get your topic in as early as possible so that you ensure that you are staying on track to complete your overall paper on time.
Once you have gotten your research paper proposal approved, you will start to write your research paper in APA format. There are very specific guidelines to writing a paper in APA format. Some of the most important guidelines include:
- Your paper has to be typed
- The paper should be printed on 8.5 X 11 paper
- You should have 1 inch margins
- Write in Times New Roman
- Font should be 12 point
- There should be a page header/ running head
- Do not forget the title page, abstract, main body, and the references
These are just a few of the most important elements to writing a research paper in proper APA format.