10 Business Ethics Research Paper Topics To Explore
If you are writing a business ethics research paper, there are a few key areas that you can focus on to help you to get a good grade. Consider using some of these top ideas when you write.
BUSINESS ETHICS WRITING IDEAS
- For starters, consider writing about Sarbanes-Oxley, or SOX guidelines and ways that we can ensure that they work better for us. After the Bernie Madoff case, we want to ensure that there are no companies secretly stealing millions from the public again.
- Another key idea that you can choose to do your assignment on is Goldman Sachs. After the 2008 credit crisis and housing debacle, Goldman Sachs, which played a large role in a lot of mortgages that went bust, was not really penalized the way that they should have been. What's to stop them from doing it again?
- While we’re mentioning big corporations, as it relates to Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, are big businesses and government too close? Should government employees be allowed to work with top corporations or will this sway potential vote in their direction for key legislature?
- You can also write about ethics as it relates to companies, in general. Are there better ways that we can ensure that people don't ‘cook the books’, so to speak, and to ensure that they are reputable in their business dealings.
- Next, focus on companies that might be destroying the environment. There are a lot of companies that work in China, which are contributing to the emissions problem as it relates to natural gas is in the environment. Should they be penalized? Should companies have to pay a fee if they don't use solar power and natural resources?
- Consider writing about ethics as it relates to society as a whole. As we have to ensure that we are socially responsible, should it be mandatory that any company has to help the environment in some capacity, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods and communities?
- What do you think about companies that only hire family members or only hiring people of a certain race or stature? Are we really hiring on a fair basis?
- Should laws be implemented to ensure that companies are diverse in their hiring practices, as well as ensuring that they hire those who are disabled?
- You could also write about companies that don't want to pay or don't want to raise the minimum wage. Should they be penalized?
- If a company is a large conglomerate like Walmart or Target and has their employees doing a lot of work should they be forced to offer higher salaries?
As you look at these various ideas, they are all related to various types of business ethics, corporations, and various companies. This can help to ensure that you are well on your way to finding the right idea for your assignment and closer to getting that top grade!